With a significant portion of the U.S. population eligible for living in a 55+ community, the demand for homes in these developments has risen dramatically. Communities, like ours, first gained in popularity out West but have begun moving to the Midwest.
For some, the idea of Linkside is quite new. We're often met with a pair of inquisitive eyebrows, whenever we mention our community.
So, with this blog, we’re setting out to answer:
“What is Linkside?” and “How is it different from other communities?”
Linkside at Old Hawthorne began with the inspiration of founder, Bob Hurdle, a Columbia, Mo. native, who recognized the need for beautiful, well-built and uniquely-designed homes that align well with the changing priorities of older adults.
But just what can you find at Linkside….?
- Everything you need is on one level. Retreat-like master suites and gourmet kitchens. Open floor plans, abundant natural light, luxurious finishes. No-trip thresholds, wider hallways, ample storage. Main level
laundry. Oversized two-car attached garages.
- No need to worry about shoveling or mowing. Landscaping and snow removal are provided. And homes are built to last with high-quality, energy-efficient and low-maintenance construction.
- Plus, there’s a private clubhouse. With a pool table, fireside chat area, kitchen, and activity room. Plenty of space for indoor / outdoor entertaining. Even private wine storage. An extension of your home.
- A friendly neighborhood, where people look out for one another.
- Nestled within the championship golf community of Old Hawthorne. Bustling with year-round social activities. And a private chef, casual bar & grille, and meeting spaces. Minutes from downtown, restaurants, entertainment, healthcare, and shopping.
- The only local community, for 55+ adults, where you can purchase your home, in contrast to other senior communities that charge rent. This is a significant benefit… the opportunity to preserve your assets. Especially while you are preserving your health with an active lifestyle. Linkside helps you preserve your legacy.
At Linkside, we believe our lives at age 55+ should spark joy. We build beautiful, functional homes and gathering places to bring people together. To spark joy in living. Come check us out!